INFORMATION FOR ARTISTS & REGISTRATION
Howdy! My name is Mitch, I'm an artist and have been involved in the arts all my life. I started this market because I could see a need in my art community and felt that Houstonians would support a monthly outdoor art venue. Houston has! The way I see it, my job is to make your day fun, educational and profitable. Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.
I know if you're like me your patience is short! So here's the skinny:
- The show is curated by the artists
- $80 per show
- Bring your own setup, including tent
- Booth space is limited
- Maker is the seller
- Your web page is free
- Open all year
- We have a buying crowd.
— Cheers! ~ Mitch
All Year -All art mediums are welcome -however this is a event with a limit on space. To keep a balance and the focus on fine art, some mediums are limited.
WHEN * WHERE
- The market takes place on the 1st Saturday of each month year round, rain or shine
- Day Shows: September through May, hours are 11am - 6pm
- Evening Shows: June through August hours are 6 p.m. - 10 pm
- The market is located in the Historic Houston Heights on the parking lot between Wind Water Asian Antiques Gallery & Gen's Antiques
The art at First Saturday Arts Market is curated by participating artists. The images and description of your work will be used to determine entry. Provide quality images of your work. Jewelers and artisans of other mediums (pottery, fiber art, wood craft etc.) should provide images of their work stations and raw materials.
Expect notification within 10 days of your registration.
- Registration is a 2-part curated process.
- Fill out the registration and
- Submit minimum of 3 images of work. (send as many as you like! More is better) fsamphotos [at] gmail.com
- After acceptance, fill out the web form to be listed on this site.
- After acceptance into the market, it is first pay, first in.
- Artists/vendors are required to show proof of a tax I.D.
- Texas Sales and Use Tax Permit here.
- Spaces are 10x10, you must bring a tent/canopy to fit that space.
- You provide all setup equipment including lighting.
- Booth sharing is allowed. Each artist must be approved.
- Booth assignments are given by the manager when you arrive at the market to set up by the manager.
- This is a rain or shine event, no refunds are given for inclement weather.
- Electricity is available at no extra charge.
- Deadline! is the Friday, one week before the market.
- The cost for the space is $80 per market day year round. Fee may increase during special events.
- A 10x10 tent
- Sales Tax ID.
- Your own setup equipment.
- Weights for tent.
- Proper lighting
Remember YOU Bring