INFORMATION FOR ARTISTS & APPLICATION
Welcome to ...& Welcome Back to First Saturday Arts Market!
- $80-$100 booth/show
- The show is curated
- You provide display equipment, including 10x10 tent
The market is ten years old - and continues its original mission to allow artists to showcase their work directly to the public in a festive atmosphere. I am Mitch Cohen, founder, market manager and artist myself.
Don't just take my word for it, read what artists have to say about this art market click here.
Before you signup, let me tell you who we are. We are artists. We paint, mold, sculpt, pound, hammer, repurpose, sketch, color, thread, sew, melt, bend and generally create from a drive within us that we do not know where it comes from.
If you are an artist, in any medium, you are welcome to register for this curated show.
Design it, create it, sold by you, "BRING IT!"
Show your stuff, baby....the world needs you. People who make things with their hearts and hands are the greatest balm to the soul. The world needs you, Houston needs you, I need you, and you will never regret just throwing your hat in the ring!
— Artist Kiki Neumann
INFORMATION FOR ARTISTS & REGISTRATION
- We are an outdoor event, rain or shine.
- Only original art, with the artist present is permitted.
- No resale, manufactured, direct sales or craft foods.
- You provide all your own setup and display equipment.
- A 10x10 tent with weights is required. (We are on pavement)
Dates & Times
- The market is open year round on 1st Saturdays.
- Day shows are currently Sept-May 11am - 6pm
- Summer evening shows are June, July & August 6 − 10 pm
- Special event dates: August, November & December. *Prices, rules and times may differ.
- Your registration is good towards any shows produced by Mitch Cohen.
- Registration must be filled out.
- Texas Sales and Use Tax Permit is required. Click here to obtain one.
- Photos must be submitted include 3 or more images that best represent your work.
- Include booth shots if available.
- Jewelers - we look for materials that are made by you; glass, metal, ceramic etc. Include work station photos, materials and booth shot with your registration photos.
Curated Event and Deadlines
- All art mediums are welcome -however this is a event with a limit on space. To keep a balance and the focus on fine art, some mediums are limited.
- Submissions are curated by the manager and on occasion, the attending artists themselves.
- Final deadline is the Friday, one week before event date, however
- Booth space is $80-$100 depending on the season. After final approval, payment methods will be made available. Fees may increase during special events.
- Booth sharing is allowed, only two artists per booth and both must be in attendance. All artists must register and be approved prior to attending.
FSAM is the best place to get your work seen and appreciated by the appropriate audience. It's built its reputation well and we're lucky as artists to have it as a platform to meet the public. — Artist Sergio Santos
Remember YOU Bring