First Saturday Arts Market
540 W. 19th St. Houston TX. 77008
Upcoming Daytime Event Dates:
- May 2, 11am - 6pm
- June 6, 6-10pm
- July 4, 9am - 1pm for Independence Day.
- Aug 1 - White Linen Night in the Heights-details TBA
- Sept 5, 11am - 6pm
- Photos available, please email Mitch
First Saturday Arts Market is a monthly outdoor fine arts event featuring the works of dozens of visual artists. Located in the Historic Houston Heights by Gen’s Antiques at 540 W. 19th St. at Lawrence St., the market showcases paintings, sculpture, photography, jewelry and handcrafted items. Bring the entire family and come enjoy the great outdoors, live music and delicious fare from some of the area’s best gourmet food trucks. Open year-round on the first Saturday of each month, the market is open from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. September through May and from 6-10 p.m. from June through August. For more information visit us at www.FirstSaturdayArtsMarket.com or call 713-802-1213.
Open year round on the first Saturday of each month
Sept - May, hours 11am to 6pm
June - Aug, hours 6pm to 10pm
On the parking lot of Gen's Antiques
Rain date is the 2nd Saturday
Mitch Cohen, Owner/Founder
- Founded March 2004 by artist Mitch Cohen.
- Mission: To provide an outlet for area artists to showcase their work on a monthly basis in an art festival atmosphere.
- Average artists attending: 50
- Number of booth spaces: 37
- Musicians are chosen to perform based on originality.
- All art is original by the artist presenting.
- Other regular vendors include: chef driven food trucks, olive oil, soaps, and area nonprofits.
- The "gallery" tent occasionally features one guest artist- free to the artist.
- The artists help curate new artists into the market with a blind jury system.
- All artists attending are posted on the website one week before the market here. Current Roster